Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And the job search begins!

This past weekend, I graduated AND moved back home to Pittsburgh so things have been kinda crazy in the world of Nicole. I've barely had time to stop and catch my breath! I already have a job lined up at a local office for myself which I will most likely begin within the next two weeks. It's very close to my parents house which is awesome. It has nothing to do with illustration :( , but it has many perks! I can make my own schedule and even bring artwork to my desk during any downtime or any of the breaks that I get. The flexibility I have with this job is a definite plus for me - I want to accept any art-related jobs I can get on the side so that I can build on my resume as well as my portfolio. I'm taking baby steps, people! I WILL put my degree to good use though - I can promise you that! Oh yeah, my graduation ceremony was on May 8th. The picture above is of myself and one of my best friends, Amber after commencement. Check her blog and website out - her stuff is awesome! I'll probably miss her the most out of anybody else at PCAD. I want to try and work on a few illustrations of us sometime soon. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment